Listening to Podcasts
How to download, use and listen to podcasts.
It is very easy to receive “Engaging the Disquiet” podcasts to your MP3. Even if you use a player other than an IPOD, you can still use Itunes – and its free. To download Itunes, click here.
You can subscribe to my podcast and whenever you update your MP3 player, the latest episode will be uploaded automatically. Also, you can burn these podcasts onto a CD using Itunes or other CD burning software.
See below for more information and don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions or problems!
Subscribe and Listen to Podcasts (this comes straight from Itunes)
With iTunes, you can browse and subscribe to podcasts from within the iTunes Music Store. Podcasts are radio shows or other audio programs that are often episodic and are downloadable over the Internet. From news and information to music and commentary, thousands of new podcasts are available everyday, from around the world, on every subject you can imagine.
You can find and subscribe to your favorite podcasts in the Podcast Directory on the iTunes Music Store, and automatically download them to your computer. You can listen to a podcast from your computer or transfer it to your iPod and listen while youâ€™re on the go.
Subscribe and listen to a podcast in iTunes
- Make sure you have the latest iTunes and iPod software installed, open iTunes 4.9 and select Music Store in the Source list.
- Click the Podcasts link or select Podcasts from the Genre pull-down menu to browse the featured podcasts within the iTunes Music Store.
- Select a podcast that sounds interesting by clicking it.
- A list of podcast episodes will appear.
- Double-click any episode to listen to the entire podcast if you wish.
- If you like what you hear, click the Subscribe button to have iTunes automatically download episodes of this podcast to your computer.
- Click Podcast in the Source list to see the Settings button on the bottom. You can use the Settings button to indicate how often you want to check for new episodes, and set which podcasts will be copied to your iPod.
- You may view and download past podcast episodes. To do this, select Podcasts within the Source list and click the arrow to the left of the podcast name. iTunes will reveal all downloaded and available episodes. To download a particular past episode, click the Get button.
Make a request
If you canâ€™t find a podcast on the iTunes Store, never fear. You can subscribe to virtually any podcast in the known universe by dragging its URL into your podcast playlist, or by typing the URL (www.thedisquiet.com) into â€œSubscribe to Podcastâ€ under the Advanced menu.
Take podcasting personally
Open Preferences to customize the what, where and when of podcasts on iTunes. Check for new podcast episodes hourly, daily, weekly or manually. Automatically download every episode or just the most recent ones. Keep all your episodes, delete them after you play them, or keep a specific number based on release date.
For more infomration, click here to go to Itunes.